This page will update periodically with news about the Linguistics program as well as events that are related to the program.
- Dec. 7, 2023: Dr. Salvatore Callesano to PresentDr. Salvatore Callesano, Assistant Professor in the Department of Spanish & Portuguese at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, will give a talk sponsored by the the Spanish Department … Read more
- Nov. 9, 2023: Dr. Bairam Khan to PresentDr. Bairam Khan, Visiting Assistant Professor of Hindi-Urdu in the Middle East and South Asia Studies Program at Wake Forest University, will give talk sponsored by the Linguistics … Read more
- Oct 19, 2023: Speech-Language Pathologist Tyler Hollifield ’16, CCC-SLP, to PresentFrom 4-5 pm on Thursday, Oct. 19, in 512 Green Hall, Tyler Hollifield, CCP-SLP, will deliver a talk titled “Speech-Language Pathology: An Intersection of Science, Communication, and…Food?” sponsored … Read more
- April 13, 2023: Dr. Bernard Issa to Present3:30-4:30pm, Greene Hall 512 Talk: Exploring the outcomes of immersion programs for adult second language learners in higher education: Linguistic and nonlinguistic benefits Abstract: Learning a second language … Read more
- Oct 7, 2022: Linguistics Student, Emily Du, to PresentEmily Du will be presenting “To What Extent Does Vowel Proximity Between English and Other Languages Play a Role in Second Language Acquisition?” at Undergraduate Research Day. This … Read more